Friday, August 23, 2013

Zoya Fall PixieDust 2013 Review

*These polishes were sent for review by Zoya.com, all opinions are strictly my own*

Zoya PixieDust Nail Polish Collection

Infused with even more magic and wonder! Because everyone wants more of it... The color experts at Zoya went back to the lab and created six more beautiful, long-wearing textured, matte and sparkle Zoya PixieDust Colors for Fall 2013! The incredible and best-selling formula is sure to captivate with a magical sparkle and sugary finish like no other.

IMPORTANT PixieDust Application Information -  Do not use a base coat or top coat. Apply 1-3 (for full coverage) thin coats of polish. Allow product to dry down completely matte in between layers for full textured effect. The PixieDust textured formula may take up to 10 minutes to dry completely matte. Once dry, the textured finish is long lasting, matte and ultra-glittery!
*The above was borrowed from Zoya.com*

REVIEW: As always I am very excited to review for Zoya, even more so when it comes to PixieDust. These have come to be my overall favorite polishes. I have used other brand textured polishes but they can't compare. These, have such a fine glitter that you don't get annoyed buy the fact that you have nitty gritty glitter on your nails. Glitter that we would have, top coated the heck out of a year ago. These polishes are also the epitome of bedazzled. Step out into the sun, and I dare you to stop looking at your nails. 

Reasons why I love this set of colors: 1. they are so easy to apply and dry so fast. 2. They are so forgiving, Dent your nail? Just push it back in place and it looks great. 3. The colors are amazingly tinted. I get the orange for fall, even though we had one for summer. We desperately needed a white. The color that makes this collection stand out, and is a must have, is Carter. It is not a simple jewel like purple. The glitter is, I don't know, it makes the whole polish flash a different color. Like little dashes of pink. Zoya, won with Carter. 

Problems: 1. Removal. You want to soak the glitter and swipe as little as possible to remove. I wasn't paying attention and was rubbing, and the gritty glitter destroyed one of my nails. I had shreds of layers coming off. 2. It does chip a tiny bit faster than cremes, I suggest wrapping your tips. 3. Blues, like always, stain. Use baking soda, water and a Q-tip to remove the stains. 4. This is a personal problem, but I can't understand why Sunshine is blue? 
 Fall 2013 Pixies L to R (Tomoko, Chita, Sunshine)
 Fall 2013 Pixies L to R (Carter, Arabella, Dhara)
 The collage I made with an app of the Zoya Fall 2013 PixieDust polishes, made a beautiful picture, I just love it. I think, I love Pixies more than any other type of polish. 
The whole collection swatched for easy viewing. Top left picture I am wearing, Tomoko (white) and Carter (deep purple). Center left, I am wearing, Sunshine (blue) and Chita (green). Bottom left I am wearing Arabella (fuchsia) and Dhara (orange). 
 Natural light, inside a light box. Two coats for Carter, three for Tomoko. 
 Natural light, inside a light box. Two coats for both Sunshine and Chita. 
Natural light, inside a light box. Two coats for both Arabella and Dhara. 

All Zoya polishes are for purchase on Zoya.com for $8, Pixies are $9. 
Follow Zoya on Facebook or Twitter for occasional special promotions.
Zoya nail polish is also available at Ulta and certain Salons.  

Thank you so much for stopping  by. As Always Much Love,
<3 Holly

*These polishes were sent for review by Zoya.com, all opinions are strictly my own*


No comments: