Friday, April 12, 2013

Zoya Pixie Dust Spring Limited Collection

*these polishes were sent by Zoya to me for review, opinion is mine.

I was sent these beautiful colors by Zoya to review and was surprised at how sparkly and mesmerizing they are. The pictures people had been releasing didn't do them justice. I really thought I was going to be disappointed. I think I am now in love with textured polish, because they dry so fast. Two coats and you are done in minutes.

Many people are concerned that the texture of the polish might be annoying, but I really didn't notice it at all. Compared to the OPI liquid sands these don't have chunky glitters but small super fine glitter dust, so the texture isn't in your face. I might be weird, but I enjoy rubbing my thumb against the texture.

Next, as you can see the colors are amazing. Each one is infused, I would say, with the most dazzling "pixie dust." My Favorite were; Dahlia (black), Vespa (slightly gray tinted green), and Nyx (slightly gray tinted blue). All the colors sans Chyna and Godiva, were slightly gray hued. The only thing, I would say with Chyna one coat was all I needed. Two made it look like I had dried blood on my nails. So, I added two coats of Top Coat and it went from dried blood to BLING! The red glitter just popped!

Application on all except Chyna was great. They applies easily and cleanly and dried very vast. Most were pretty opaque with two coats, but you might want three. I wouldn't use a base coat, I tried that with Vespa, and it took forever to dry and smudged on all fingers. Now, Chyna was pretty mean, she made a mess, was harder to apply, and the brush kind of got thick with the polish.

Overall, I loved this collection! Definitely unique and different. That is what I love about Zoya, that and that they are 5-free. Visit their site at zoya.com to purchase for $9.

See the entire collection of my Pixie photos on my Facebook page.

*these polishes were sent by Zoya to me for review, opinion is mine.













No comments: