Friday, January 18, 2013

Lovely Colors from Zoya: Spring 2013 Review

I want to apologize to Zoya and my readers for posting this review so late. The holidays were so busy. There were also some personal problems that were pretty stressful. On top of that I have been sick, and I have been trying not to go to the doctor because I don't have insurance. Don't try online home remedies. I should blog about the ones I tried. Anywho, I have been working on this all day. I hope you like. :)


Zoya Lovely

Beauty is a lovely state of mind


Lovely, just LOVELY!
Spring is awash in six soft and lovely new Zoya shades including three dewy metallics and three fresh blooms of cream. Poetic in nature, this collection is sure to capture the beauty of the season like no other....

ZOYA LOVELY – SPRING 2013

Piaf (ZP652) - Fresh Forsythia Yellow Metallic - Full Coverage (Originally designed for Fashion Designer Zang Toi)
GeiGei (ZP651) - Blushing Cherry Blossom Pink Metallic - Full Coverage (Originally designed for Zang Toi/SS13).
Julie (ZP650) - Soft Wisteria Purple Metallic - Full Coverage (Originally designed for Zang Toi/SS13).
Blu (ZP653) - Lucky Hyacinth Blue Cream - Full Coverage
Neely (ZP655) - Earliest Spring Green Cream - Full Coverage (Originally designed for Peter Som/SS13).
Jacqueline (ZP654) - Perfect Magnolia Nude Cream - Full Coverage (Originally designed for Peter Som/SS13)

Shipping January 01, 2013

Ultra long-wearing, nail lacquers by Zoya are BIG5FREE - all formulas are completely free of harmful industrial chemicals such as toluene, camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin and dibutyl phthalate (DBP) that are known to cause cancer and birth defects.

Zoya Lovely $8 (US)

Follow the Zoya Nail Polish and Treatments Blog and stay tuned on Twitter (@Zoyanailpolish) and Facebook for release date updates.

Hashtags: #ZoyaLovely and #nailpolish.



LOVELY COLLECTION
The Pictures
Zoya Lovely L-R (Piaf, Gei Gei, Julie, Blu, Neely, Jacqueline)
(Pink-Gei Gei, Lavender-Julie, Blue-Blu, Mint-Neely, Yellow-Piaf)
(Gei Gei, Julie, Blu, Piaf)
(Gei Gei, Julie, Blu)

PIAF
Flash/No Flash
Thumb No Flash two Coats
Flash

GEI GEI
Flash/No Flash
Pointer finger, Flash, 3 coats
No Flash

JULIE
No Flash/Flash
Flash, Middle Finger, 2 coats, (I am seeing now I should have had a third)
No Flash

BLU
Blu Natural light, 2 coats, ring finger

NEELY
Neely, natural light, two coats, pinky

JACQUELENE
Jacquelene, Thumb, 2 coats, natural lights

REVIEW: 
Let me first say, I do not know how people like Scrangie do it. I did everything. I moisturized, trimmed, filed, de-cuticled, base coated, took my time painting, cleaned up, EVERYTHING!!! My manicure looked great, but when I went to take pictures, my camera picked up every single flaw. It was annoying. I would go back fix one thing and it wasn't enough. I still had to photoshop some pictures. I now know how famous people feel when they get made up and feel like they look amazing, go take pictures, and the photographer says,"no we need to air brush your imperfections." Sorry but this post was almost no fun for me. 

On to the polish. Can I say I LOVE THIS COLLECTION! Backstory: these were released last year for NYFW and were designed by Zoya along with two designers. I was so upset when these colors were released in super limited quantities. They went so fast, I didn't hear they had been released and lost out on the chance of owning them. I think everyone is going to be happy with these colors, I know I am. This is the epitome of SPRING. My sister said my hand looked like an Easter egg. I think she meant it as an insult, yet I liked it. These are the colors I see when I close my eyes and think of Spring. 

The metallic polishes are amazing, the shimmer is dazzling. I only needed 2 coats on Piaf, 3 coats on Gei Gei and Julie. I noticed with Julie I needed 3 too late. It looked fine, but the flash in the camera showed me my error. They go on beautifully and dry quickly. Blu and Neely are great too, they went on great and only needed two coats. It is weird to explain, I always have problems with cremes, but these went on nice. It is like the polish settled and moved into where it needed to go. Like it knew where the bald spots were. My least favorite was Jacquelene, I do not like nudes, even worse are nude cremes. This one did pull and leave bald spots. Nudes and I do not go together. However after 2 coats I got semi-full coverage. I recommend three. Overall, I love Zoya and these did not disappoint. I want to wear these forever. First Ornate, now Lovely, they keep out doing themselves. I just cant wait to see what else my favorite brand comes up with. 

As Always  Much Love,
<3 Holly

*Items were sent for me to review.


Just some fun Pictures I made for the new Lovely collection!





No comments: