Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips

Don't Get Stuck With a Sticker!

Nothing feels or wears like real nail polish. Now Sally makes it easy to get Salon Effects anytime, any place using real nail polish – with no dry time! Don’t settle for plastic imitations that peel off. We’re the real thing. Just peel, apply & file! Learn more at www.sallyhansen.com


  • No dry time
  • Lasts up to 10 days
  • Removes easily with nail polish remover
  • 40 must-have styles


Where to Buy

Available at chain drug stores, food stores and mass merchandisers nationally.
Suggested Retail Price: $9.99


Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Star Quality
The package's contents. 1 file, 1 cuticle stick, Nail Strips in 2 packages
Star Quality on my nails. 
Star Quality is navy blue stars on a fuschia pink background. 

Review: I thought these were pretty easy to apply. They are real polish unlike other nail strips, you can smell the polish in them. They are more delicate then other strips. They are easy to file off, other brands are more difficult because they aren't polish. I love the designs. This was my first time using these so I made a couple of errors. Like don't ever put one strip over another, that is a big no no. I tore one and thought I could cover it up by putting another strip over. No, that does not work. It just crinkles. I tried to smooth it out to the best of my ability. Thank goodness the design keeps it from showing too much. 

Another problem was, I guess you need to kind of wrap your tips. Because once you file off the end, if you do it too short a very tiny sliver of your nail shows, so you get a tiny amount of white. I notice it. And it bothers me. It will also make it easier to chip later and the strip will push up. So if you can some how "wrap your tip," do it. 

To eliminate waste, if you have short nails like me, double use your strips. If you get my meaning. Cut them in half. I wasted sooooooo much strip. I used a whole package, when I could have gotten two mani's out of this box. 

One negative, I do have about these strips is there isn't a variety in sizes. :( They didn't fit my fingers too well. I had to do a lot of adjusting. Like some were just too big, zoo I had to take the cuticle stick and slice off the sides. Some were just too small, but I add to make do because I didn't have enough to go around, so I had bald spots. :( I still love them though, and will buy them again. 

I do have to add to this review, that this is not the design that I got. I got Zebra Stripes called Wild Child. However, my niece loved them so much, she had to put them on. I went out and bought these so I could review them. She loved them by the way. They fit her perfectly. 

*Sally Hansen Salon Effects were provided for me to review by Influenster. I am not affiliated with either company, all opinions are my own.

1 comment:

HollyG222 said...

argh I keep hitting the wrong button...dumb iPad...this comment was left by Jin Jit

"I only had one experience with these type of strips, and it was a rather bad one :-(
But reading your review now makes me think I dod everything that you just said not to... I didn't get the proper length to get to the tip of my nails, I accidentally had two strips falling together one on top of the other, and had to throw both, and while filing I did a total mess...
So now you gave me the courage to try again! :-D
Thanks! "