Thursday, May 10, 2012

MHAM Day 6: Tape Mani

Two announcements, One today is my awesome friend Kari' Birthday. She is from over at Got Polish? Happy Birthday Karbear! Hope you have an awesome one. Two, I totally forgot, but the 5th was my 1 year blogaversary!!! Woohoo! One year already. Go me. 

Mental Illness is such a broad term. I am sure a lot of people wonder what exactly "Mental Illness" means. Or moreover, what disorders are characterized as mental illnesses. Here is a list of some Mental Illnesses from Nami.org:
There are so many disorders classified as Mental Illness, I can't help believing that everyone in this country has been affected in one way or another. Whether personally or by someone you know, I believe everyone has dealt with mental illness. That is why it is so hard for me to believe that we are not more aware and sensitive to the issues brought about by Mental Health. I guess today's question to my readers is, How has mental illness affected you? What have you learned? Has it made you more sensitive to the difficulties the mentally ill have to deal with daily?

Today, I attempted my second tape mani, ever. The first time I tried this mani the results were horrible, the tape smudged the nail polish. Today, I my pointer finger was the only minor mishap. Sorry for the messiness, but Holly seemed to have stained my fingers and it was hard to get all of the green off. I used both Finger Paints Comet's Collar and Wet N Wild's Sage in the City as my base colors. They are pretty similar I could hardly tell the difference what fingers they were on. Then I used the skinny tape I bought on Ebay to make some random design and painted over with Zoya Holly. 
Tape Mani, 1 Coat Zoya Holly over, 1 Coat of Comets Collar on pointer and ring finger, 1 Coat of Sage N the City on Middle and Pinky.
(Forgive messiness I am not a nail art pro.)

If you want more info on Mental Health go to Nami.org or MHA.net 
If you have an emergency and feel like you might hurt yourself. TELL SOMEONE!!! Call 911. Speak out. Do not be afraid. Trust me. I have been there. Help is a good thing. 

As Always Much Love
<3 Holly




5 comments:

JinJit said...

First of all - thanks for all the info!
Second - the greens that you chose today are amazing! They are some of the very few greens I totally fell in love with, when I realized I actually love green, a few weeks ago :-D
And lastly - Your mani turned out real sweet! I love it!

Liesl (lieslloves) said...

Happy blogoversary!!
I looove Holly, and there greens are so fun together.
I definitely agree that whatever you've gone through makes you all the more sensitive to and understanding of others. In some cases you're in a perpetual state of recovery, yourself. Great post.

LuvMyLacquer said...

Congratulations on your 1yr Blogaversary!! This mani came out super cute! Now I need to get some striping tape ;)

Carly @ Lacquered Lover said...

beautiful manicure and congrats on one year!

Kari said...

Awwww! We just got back from Disney and I'm just now seeing this. Thank you sooooo much! Love you! xoxo