Monday, May 07, 2012

MHAM Day 5: Guest Post LuvMyLacquer

Hello! My name is Jessica and today I will be guest posting for Holly. It is such an honor to be guest posting for a friend during a month that means alot to both of us. Mental illness runs deep in my family and I am thrilled to be able to do a green manicure to commemorate Mental Health Awareness Month. Recently, I created a manicure for Autism Awareness Month and Holly loved it so much that I decided to recreate it for her.


I began my manicure with a base of Essie Grow Faster. The accent finger was done using a base of Jordana White. I sponged the tip of my nail with Bettina Green Apple and used Bettina Mojito to stamp on a lovely little couple using Cheeky image plate CH29 and the hearts from Cheeky image plate CH15. These images were used to symbolize that everyone deserves to be loved, no matter what their disability or illness is. There are alot of stigmas put on people who have an illness and I just feel like everyone, as long as you have a good heart, should not be denied of finding true love.


The rest of my nails were water marbled using Green Apple and Mojito. I finished this mani with a coat of Color Club top coat. Holly, I hope you like this manicure and that your readers do, too! I had alot of fun recreating it for you. If you would like to see more of my work, come on over and visit my blog, LuvMyLacquer (http://luvmylacquer.blogspot.com/). Have a great day everyone, xo!



5 comments:

JinJit said...

I loved it on blue and I LOVE it on green!
Jess - your water marble is AMAZING and
I really love this post!!
Holly - GREAT series of posts yoiu are making here. If I wasn't a follower already, i'd start now!

The Crumpet said...

absolutely gorgeous - a truly beautiful marble. A cause close to my heart and too close to my head x

arfblat said...

That marbling is GORGEOUS and I love the stamping too, it's so cute! And I completely agree, no one should be denied of finding love! Very inspiring!

arfblat said...

Also, I've just tagged you for some blog awards! See my post here!

HollyG222 said...

Thanks.....:)