Saturday, May 26, 2012

MHAM Day 11: Opi Just Spotted the Lizard

This is one of the last manis for Mental Health Awareness. I lost two followers after my last post. I was a little hurt. I got over it though. I am writing these posts, not for followers, but in the hopes of helping someone. Making someone not feel alone. You wanna know what I think the main cause of suicide is? Silence and shame. We are made to stay silent about how we feel and what we think. We are made to feel shame about the thoughts that go through our head. We are supposed to keep them quiet, never expose them. Don't talk about those things. People feel awkward can't handle them, so they walk away, while ridiculing and judging.  You know what happens when all that shame and the thoughts we are forced to keep in our heads build up? Well. I don't have to tell you. You already know. You see it in the news. How many young kids killed themselves for being bullied last year? My one wish is that people would be more open about depression and thoughts of suicide. That the topic would not be so taboo and stigmatized. You have no idea how many lives it might one day save. 

I will not write about my experiences today, apparently I offend. LOL. Though I will invite you to email me or ask questions about depression and struggles with bipolar disorder. My email is in one of the tabs up there. Or you can comment on this blog post. I am very open. If you suffer from BPD and feel alone, or depression feel free to talk to me. I am usually around. But this is the second to last post for Mental Health Awareness Month. 

My mani today is two coats of OPI Just Spotted the Lizard from their just released Spiderman Collection. I am not a fan of OPI, but I have to say that this is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite colors. OMG, it is so unique and crazy beautiful. I am so in love with it. It went on so easily and there was no mess. I love that with light colors. Ok look at the pictures and drool. There are several dupes...a Chanel Peridot and a Gap one...but I dont have a name. LOL...sorry...I'm sure you can google...:)

OPI Just Spotted the Lizard in the sun 2 Coats
I love this duo-chrom. It goes from green-blue-gold.
In the shade
I kept moving my fingers around to try to get the different colors. 
*drool*

If you want more info on Mental Health go to Nami.org or MHA.net 
If you have an emergency and feel like you might hurt yourself. TELL SOMEONE!!! Call 911. Speak out. Do not be afraid. Trust me. I have been there. Help is a good thing. 

As Always Much Love
<3 Holly




6 comments:

Kari said...

On a purely superficial note, I think I am one of the few folks that is sort of "meh" about this polish. Suffice it to say, I'm really glad I didn't pay for my bottle (well, I sort of did, you know, the Bloom thing). It does look really pretty in your pics, though.

Okay, on a deeper level, please try not to let the loss of followers bother you. (Easy for me to say, right? I have a near breakdown when someone unfollows me. Not entirely kidding.) You're right in that this topic is just too much for many folks to deal with. It shouldn't be that way, it's NOT okay that it is, but that's the reality. Please know that those of us who have stayed, who have followed this series with great interest and compassion (and, in my case, a deep understanding), truly appreciate your bravery and candor. It is people like you that will eventually break down the walls that exist in society regarding mental illness. I could go on and on about this but I'll spare you. Just know that you have done a wonderful thing. xoxo

HollyG222 said...

BAH! you always make my heart smile! Thanks Karbear! <3 I really want to be an advocate one day!

Kari said...

You're more than welcome. You would be WONDERFUL at that!

HollyG222 said...

awwww shucks!

Guy Polish (Jim) said...

If someone unfollowed you because of you sharing your struggles with us, I say good riddens to them for being so superficial.

JinJit said...

Hey, I totally agree with everyone saying good reddens!! You have NOT offend anyone! Quite the opposite - you showed the innermost of you to everyone!
If someone can't handle that - it's their problem. Not yours!

And I LOVE this polish!! it's in my wishlist, even though I have Jessica Iridescent eye which is a very close dupe. I love the warm tones this polish has compared to the gold and green of Jessica's