Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Rice, It's what's for dinner?

So, I have something amazing to tell my readers. Some of you might already know this, some of you might not. I certainly did not, and when I heard it, it sounded insane. Three days ago, my boyfriend was chasing me around the apartment tickling me and we somehow ended up in the bathroom, and my phone ended up in the toilet. (Lol, yes the toilet was flushed) He tried saving it, tried getting the water out, blowing on it, but nothing would work. My phone was completely dead. We saw an article on the net that said to put it in rice, but I saw that it said to do it right away and we didn't have any so I gave up. The next day I told everyone on Facebook what happened and nearly everyone said put it in rice. I really thought they were insane. I mean, really?! Rice?! I had no faith in this. So when I got home my sister said it wouldn't hurt anything to do it. So I did.

I left my cell phone and battery, I took them apart, in a zip lock full of rice for about a day and a half. Well, I got curious, and full of doubt just went over to check on it. IT TURNED ON!!! It actually works!!! So, I am giving the "rice method" my stamp of approval. Now my phone is older an LG EnV2...its a Flip phone...I dont know what this does with smart phones. My phone just looks sturdier. I've dropped it, stepped on it, thrown it by accident. It is pretty tough. Anywho, if you didn't know about this, it is good to know! I never thought I would ever drop my phone in water. I have had cell phones for 10 years and never once submerged one in water.

and just for fun....The Plushie I made for my BF for Valentine's Day. :)



As Always Much Love, 

<3 Holly

1 comment:

Fingers said...

This is actually the proven method for wet phones. Saw it on TV once-glad it worked for you