Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review: NYC Scenestealer Gray

NYC sent in 3 polishes for review, the first I will be reviewing is Scenestealer Gray. It is a pretty gunmetal blue-gray. 
(NYC Scenestealer Gray)
Review:
Pros: I really like the color. The brush is flat and I really like the way it applies. The polish wasn't thick. With two coats it was pretty opaque. It still hasn't chipped after 24 hours. 
Cons: I don't know if this is a fast drying polish but some polish would dry and goop onto the brush and kind of mess up my nails. I don't know if I was going too slow. All I know is I did not like when this happened. It happened twice. 

(2 coats of SS Gray, 1 Coat Out the Door)
(A nice blue gunmetal gray)

Also, this color is a very close sister to Deborah Lippmann's Hit Me With Your Best Shot. I would not say it is a dupe. D.L.'s is darker. I would say it is really close. If you want HMWYBS, Scenestealer Gray is a very reasonably priced alternative. They are both gunmetals. They both wear well. 
(NYC Scenestealer Gray next to Deborah Lippmann Hit Me With Your Best Shot)
(D.L. Hit Me With Your Best Shot, 2 Coats)

NYC can be found at most Drug Stores. I've seen them most at Wal-Mart's, they have a larger selection. They are .97, I believe. 

As Always Much Love,

<3 Holly

*Polish Sent for me to review. All Opinions are mine.

No comments: