Friday, October 14, 2011

Arthritis Awareness Day


I've never really talked about how my mom died. She died from complications from her Rheumatoid Arthritis medications. I saw this disease tear her apart and eat her alive. I don't want to think about it. Anyway, there is no cure, since its an auto-immune disorder. There are only super dangerous drugs that can slow down it's progress. I just pray that one day there can be a cure. That one day we can stop this disease. If only, so that someone else doesn't have to go through what my mother went through. 

Click HERE, for info on R.A. Early detection is super important. I wish my mom had found hers early. 

So, taking a page from The Kracked Kat, I decided to do an awareness mani myself. I used a dark purple, Revlon's Facets of Fuchsia and drew a ribbon on my accent nail in Orly's Frolic.  

(Revlon Facets of Fuchsia)
(Close up, so pretty)
(2 Coats, with Ribbon on accent, 1 coat Out the Door)
This is also:

Well it has been fun Ladies and Gents. I started this blog to have fun, and it has been. :) I really do love doing this and love my readers. I am definitely no professional, but if you do what you love, you do find joy. It is the little things in life that really make me smile. :) To a hundred more posts!!! As Always my dear readers Much Love, 

<3 Holly




2 comments:

Patricia2161 said...

Best Mani <3

Kracked Kat said...

I know all the risks involved with the drugs for the treatment of RA and I know fully what my future holds. I was diagnosed when my youngest was 2. It was so hard not being able to hold her because every joint in my body ached. I was "lucky" and diagnosed early. I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for celebrating this special day!

<3 Shannon from The Kracked Kat