Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Review: Butter London Henley Regatta

butter LONDON

Henley Regatta Nail Laquer
MSRP $14

butter LONDON is a privately held company, established in 2005, butter London is famous for exceptional nail laquer colours, created each season by Founding Creative Director Nonie Creme, alongside the world's top fashion designers, making butter LONDON the "go to" brand for high fashion beauty. The "3 Free" (non-toxic) butter LONDON product line includes nail laquers, hand and nail treatments, luxury lotions, and pedicure collection. We believe in Rock & Roll. Great Britain. and Fashion. 

Colour Description: Henley Regatta - Glitters like the Thames on a sunny day. A fusion of green and blue glitter that varies in intensity depending on the light...Beautiful!

Dictionary Definition: Henley Regatta - A rowing race held every year on the river Thames, used primarily as an excuse for the very rich Brits to get smashed on the riverbanks. 

butter LONDON products are available at the Seatle-Tacoma International Airport Flagship store, www.butterlondon.com, and in fashion boutique, specialty retailer, and beauty apothecaries around the globe. 


(Butter London Henley Regatta $14)

Review: This  color when I opened my package, took my breath away. It is just stunning. It is definitely a must have. Yes $14 is a lot, but OMG...is all I can say. In the sun this color just comes alive. It literally comes a live. It looks like it moves. The definition of the color says its supposed to look like the Thames, well it really does look like moving water. This is definitely my new favorite color. 

Pros: 
~Color!!! It is stunning.
~3-free
~It wore really well. 2 days. And colors don't wear well with me. I am rough with my nails. 
~No nasty smell. Just a normal smell.
~I love how cute the bottle is. The square lid lifts up and then the real round lid is underneath. 
~After two coats it was still a bit sheer. So if you don't want to use a third coat, use over another color. 

(H.Regatta 2 Coats, 1 coat Out the Door)

Cons:
~I dont like that you get one .01 ounce less than normal. Yeah its bitchy of me to complain. But when a color is as beautiful as this, you want as much as you can get. 
~Application was a little thick. Tho I dont think B.L. can do much with that. I'm learning that glitters are pretty much ALL like this. 
~If you have a tight budget like I do these are special occasion polishes. BUT SO WORTH IT. 
(I got a lil thick at the tips)
(Such a beautiful color!!!)

Follow butter LONDON on FACEBOOK
and on Twitter: @butterLONDON

As Always Much Love, 

<3 Holly

P.S. Henley Regatta is sadly temporarily SOLD OUT!. :( I just looked on their site. Hopefully it will be back in stock soon. This color is a must have.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Wow this is the first shade from BL that I LOVE!

HollyG222 said...

I definitely love it. :) It went on very well :)

ProudMary said...

This color looks awesome on you!! Well worth the splurge.

thalie @ Glazed Talons said...

I haven't tried Butter London yet,it does seem a little pricey to me,however,this color is absolutely gorgeous!

imfeelingnail-venturous said...

I do not own any of this brand, but I looked at the today at ulta. I saw this polish!