Monday, September 26, 2011

My First Birchbox; September

The amazing Birchbox. I waited for this all month since you dont get it until a month after you sign up. ARGH. Longest wait ever!!! :D I love Birchbox. What's inside?

This first thing I saw was a really nice card, saying Hello. :) 

Under the card and tissue paper are all my little goodies. :) And I mean little. No full size goodies this month, I am a little disappointed, but oh well. 

Isn't this so cute. I would hate to be the person that has to wrap the thousands of these tho. 

Inside the mini package was a sample of LIV GRN a natural perfume. The card says; "Made from sustainable ingredients, this bright scent is laced with orange and neroli. Plus ten percent of sales go directly to Global Green, an environmental non-profit." A full size bottle, 3.4 fl oz. costs $60. I am not a fan of perfumes since I get headaches easily, but I have to say this is an easy on the head scent. It is really subtle and I like that. I even thought of buying it. I will wear it some more and we will see. 

Also, inside the mini package was this TEENY tube of Jouer Lip Enhancer. Birchbox says; "Why settle for plain 'ol lip balm when you can hydrate, plump, and condition all in one go? Right, we thought so." A full 0.33 fl oz tube costs $14. After squeezing a tiny drop out I put some on and it felt pretty great. I liked how it hydrated. I actually fell in love with this. Too bad it was sooooooooo small. 

Now we all know I am obsessed with my nails, so this next item I am pretty happy with. I also got a pretty cool design. The above nail strips are made by Incoco and 16 strips are priced from $7.99-10.99. I haven't used them, because I am saving them for a special occasion, but if they last and are easy to use, I will be buying them again. Their designs are amazing. That alone is worth buying. I mean seriously Sally Hanson doesn't have glitter. 

This is a sample of blinc mascara. A full size is $24. I haven't tried it. It looks like it is supposed to wear really well. Now that I have the Lash Card, I can't wait to try this out. 

I definitely need these!!! Lash cards!!! I was so happy when I saw these. You get two since they are samples. You put them on your eye to cover your lid so you don't get mascara on it. And trust me I GET MASCARA all over my lids. LOL. I swear I have shaky hands and I get polish and mascara everywhere. Ten cards are $4.99. :) I might have to invest in these...or cut some paper. HA!

Last but not least, an extra for the one year anniversary a friendship bracelet. I think it is kinda cute. It's pink and square. :) 

For my first Birchbox I was a little disappointed I didn't get a full sized product. I have seen so many people in past months get them. Oh well. But I did like some of the samples tho. The lip gloss could definitely have been bigger. I can't wait for next month. 

As Always Much Love, 

<3 Holly

4 comments:

Shopping Addict said...

I envy you got the mascara and lash card, I didn't get either of those. I was really excited for the lip gloss stuff but then was really sad to see how tiny it was.

Kari said...

I didn't even know you signed up for this. Yeah, the sizes look like a bummer but the nail strips look cool. A friend of mine swears by Incoco and that's all she wears. Can't wait to see them when you use them. Blue + Glitter = SCORE!

HollyG222 said...

@Shopping Addict, yes the lipgloss was teeeeny. i was so sad. and im sorry you didnt get the mascara i thought everyone did. :(

@Kari yeah finally talked my brother into it lol. i will keep it for a couple more months. will see. i was a lil disappointed this month. was not worth the ten dollars. They say there is usually something full size and there wasnt.

Painting Rainbows said...

I got the Mascara last time and it's pretty awesome. It really does come off in tubes. The bracelet is super cute too. I like your nail strips way more than mine. Want pink leopard? lol