Saturday, August 06, 2011

Review: Hard Candy Mushroom

Today I am reviewing Hard Candy's Mushroom Nail Color. I got this little lady in for review a couple days ago and was skeptical about the color. I am not a brown kind of girl. I think this is my first one actually. So I was hesitant to put it on. I sucked it up and started to apply the color and I started to like it as it dried. The first coat was a tad streaky, but after the second it was perfectly opaque. I used only two coats and finished it off with one coat of Out the Door fast drying top coat. I have no patience and cannot wait for a mani to dry on it's own. 

(Hard Candy: Mushroom)
(Hard Candy Mushroom, 2 coats, Out the Door top coat)
(Spiced up with Funky Fingers Golden Coast on Accent nail over Mushroom)
(2 coats of Mushroom, 1 of OtheD top coat)

So let us get down to it:
Pros: The application was nice. After two coats the coverage was complete and non-streaky. The thickness of the polish was perfect. I really enjoyed the color after I put it on, and I am not a brown person. It had a nice shine to it after it dried. This polish doesn't smell bad either. Trust me, I have had some smell nasty. After a full 24 hours I have only had one tiny chip on one nail. For me, I am hard on my nails, that is pretty good. I also love the small bottle and the design on it. Plus, I adore the ring, it is even the same color as the polish. 

Cons: This is not Hard Candy's fault, it is just the nature of the color, but it does not give you much room to mess up. Dark Colors are just messier. It is harder to get a clean perfect mani, I had to clean up a lot around the edges of my nails. 

I definitely love my Hard Candy Polishes. I have loved Beetle, Fabuluxe, and now Mushroom. Hard Candy is available at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart.com has them for $4 with free shipping to home. Visit Hard Candy.com to see all their nail polishes, as well as all their make-up goodies. 
Follow Hard Candy on Twitter: @HeresHardCandy
Follow Hard Candy on Facebook: HERE

As Always Much Love,

<3 Holly

*Product was sent to me for review. Opinions are my own.

5 comments:

Manicured Monkey said...

mushroom is so pretty! I love your accent finger, it's a great tone with it!

Audrey L said...

Thats a really pretty looking polish! Its such a good looking brown and I love the glitter with it, such a perfect match :)

HollyG222 said...

Thanks ladies :) i ended up really liking this color :D

Irishenchantment said...

this is a nice brown, i am not too fond of browns either but its pretty like chocolate :)

shel xx

Patricia2161 said...

I think it looks good on you!