Monday, May 23, 2011

Blast from the Past!

     If you have been my friend on facebook for the past let's say six months, you will have heard me talk about Wacky Wally. I have been searching the internet high and low for one of these gems. A few months back I found one on ebay selling for about 30 bucks but thought that was completely crazy, even though it was from the 80's. 

     You're asking yourself, "WTF is she talking about?" I am talking about WACKY WALLY PEOPLE!!! Do you remember back in the 80's there used to be toys for free in cereal, well one promo was a Wacky Wall Climber, called Wacky Wally. You threw them at the wall and they stuck there and then they started to crawl down. As a kid I just loved these things. As an adult I want to relive my glory days, so I set out to find one. Hence, the search all over the internet. I was unlucky. These lil guys were few and far between. 

     Well guess what?! After my mom's funeral a week ago my sister and I went to Bed Bath and Beyond. My sister was looking for tea for her Keurig and I was hunting down elusive Color Club Nail Polish Collections. As I turned the corner at the back of the store I saw it. A whole display, over 100 of my most sought after 80's toy. WACKY WALLY'S!!! In so many new colors. I was automatically drawn to my favorite color PINK and it had GLITTER!!! I picked it up and hugged it. Yes, I hugged a toy, so what? It was only 2.99. I was so tempted to buy more. I only bought one though. I was so happy. If any of you are looking for these, run over to BB&B. I just can't believe they are making these again. If I see these again I just might have to buy another. 

    Look at how pretty it is!!!

<3 Holly

2 comments:

Kari said...

That is SO awesome! I think we all have those few special toys from our childhoods that we would love to find again. I have soooo many but one that I've been searching for forever is a game called Strollin' Bowlin'. It has a little wind-up bowling ball with feet that you send down the lane to knock over the collapsible pins. I have seen them on e-bay but I keep hoping to find one at a thrift shop or garage sale. I'm so happy you get to re-live a joyful time in your life and trust me, I've hugged many a toy in my day. ;)

HollgyG222 said...

:)